Serves 4 to 6
- 2 to 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into medallions
- 1 bunch of cilantro, half of it chopped
- 3 limes, zest of one
- 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1 one-inch nub of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 small onion
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized mango, peeled and diced
In a blender, combine lime zest, rice wine vinegar, ginger, the un-chopped cilantro and about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. Blend on high until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken, season with salt and pepper and let marinate for at least two hours. Sear or grill chicken and finish in the oven if necessary.
In a small pot, add onion, kaffir lime leaves and a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Cook on medium until fragrant, about five to six minutes. Add wine and let cook for about three minutes or until the alcohol has cooked out. Add chicken stock and let simmer until the sauce has reduced to a sauce-like consistency. Once reduced, add the juice of the limes, chopped cilantro and mango. Remove from heat, pour over chicken and enjoy!