Ashtanga Yoga DVD set
Learn Ashtanga yoga
Created with acclaimed instructor Nicki Doane, our Ashtanga yoga videos guide you with detailed, step-by-step instruction and demonstration at a pace that makes this powerful practice easy to learn and completely non-intimidating. With these companion video programs you'll soon feel how high-energy Ashtanga yoga sculpts lean muscle, elevates your heart rate and cleanses your body of toxins all while deepening your personal insight and leading you to greater strength and peace within. Filmed amid the stunning beauty of Doane's native Hawaii, both Ashtanga yoga videos include a wealth of bonus DVD content: a quick-reference pose guide program segment, fold-out pose guide poster with full-color photos and positioning details, BONUS advanced Ashtanga video demonstration session, and an exclusive interview with Nicki Doane. 185 minutes total.
Introductory Poses DVD (85 minutes)
- Helps you master the essentials of this hatha yoga system developed by Nicki's teacher, Ashtanga developer Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
- Follow Nicki as she shows and explains...
- Active vinyasa, or flowing poses and breathing techniques, to strengthen your mind-body connection
- Ujjayi breathing, or ocean sounds breathing, to create rhythm and focus the mind
- Bandhas, or internal locks, to regulate the body's energy flow
Beginners Workout DVD (100 minutes)
- More active, and deepens the benefits with the next sequence of postures, the standing series
- Here Nicki takes you to the next level with...
- Sun salutation A and B to set the rhythm of movement and breath
- Standing forward bends to lengthen the spine and connect with the breath
- Side angle bends to achieve balance and expand energy flow